For Immediate Release
To all Local 1271 members, IAFF affiliates, and friends of Bill.
It is with deepest regret and sorrow that we share news of the sudden passing of Retired Assistant Chief Bill McNamara, badge #45 of IAFF Local 1271. Bill was hired July 1, 1971 and retired August 31, 1999. Bill passed away late in the evening on April 16th due to complications from his heart injury. Below are the details of the upcoming Celebration of Life for brother Bill McNamara.
- LOCATION: Chandos Pattison Auditorium, 10238 168 St, Surrey, BC
- DATE: April 28, 2019 (Live Streamed surreyfirefighters.com/live)
- SERVICE: 15:00 (Procession starts @ 14:45)
- MUSTER: 13:30 at the North Parking lot adjacent to the front entrance.
- PARKING: Available onsite. We encourage all members to carpool – Aerial View
- RECEPTION: Following the service, a reception will be held in the lobby.
- WAKE: 17:00 – A Wake will be held at Station 1271 – 18922 88 Avenue, Surrey BC for uniformed personnel and family.
- Port Kells Community Centre (18918 88 Ave)
- Parking available at Port Kells Elementary (19076 88 Ave)
- HOTEL: Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, 15269 104th Avenue, Surrey BC, V3R 1N5 Tel: 604-582-9288
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made in “In Memory of Bill” via this donation link of the Surrey Fire Fighters Charitable Society and will be redirected to The Centre for Child Development.
Condolences and expressions of sympathy can also be sent to Local 1271 at 18922 88th Avenue Surrey BC V4N 5T2
For more information, contact IAFF Local 1271, Mark McRae at 778-229-9369 or email@example.com
Honour Guard from all Departments are welcome.
DRESS ATTIRE: Uniformed personnel, the Class “B” uniform consists of the following items,
- Tunic with current fire service flashes, service bars on left cuff and round collar dogs on lapel
- Trousers/skirt, Black leather belt with issued buckle, Polished leather shoes or boots, Black socks
- Rank appropriate dress work shirt (White or Lt Blue) with rank appropriate collar dogs, Navy Tie, Hat with Badge
- Rank appropriate hat band for confirmed Officers
- Adornments: Ribbons and merit awards only; Medals worn by Honour Guard only
– 30 –